Final DigiKam 0.9.2 Release available
Dear digiKam users,
the digiKam team is happy to announce a new release of the
advanced digital photo management application for linux.
In addition to various bug-fixes and improvements,
several new features have been added.
Some important improvements/changes are:
- a light-table to quickly compare similar images side by side
- Thumbnail size in the album view can be adjusted continuously, details.
- Image Editor: reorganized menu structure
- Image Editor: new pan tool
- Image Editor: new Sharpness Editor (replacing Unsharp Mask, Refocus, Sharpen)
- DigikamImagePlugins have been merged into digiKam, details.
- Image Plugins: completely rewritten Red Eyes Correction
- Image Plugins: Color Effects pack: solarize, velvia (new!), neon, edge
- Image Plugins: improved Black & White converter
- Image Plugins : Speed improvements for Restoration, Inpainting and
Blowup (update of the CImg library to 1.1.9), details.
- several keyboard shortcuts have changed to comply with KDE guidelines
- New dependency to libkdcraw to decode RAW file (uses dcraw 8.60 inside)
For more information and resolved issues
please consult NEWS.0.9.2 and the Changelog.
The digiKam developer team would like to thank
everyone who has helped by testing, bug reports, bug fixes,
and suggestions for improvements.
Download and installation
The tarball can be downloaded from SourceForge.
Note, that the formerly separate DigikamImagePlugins
have been merged into digiKam.
Kubuntu packages are already available here (thanks to Achim).