We are pleased to announce digiKam 0.8.1. This version brings raw support,
new icons, image rating, printing enhancements and in the meanwhile we also
fixed some bugs.
The noteworthy features in this release:
- You are now able to rate your images from 1 start to 5 stars. In the search part of digiKam, you can search for images with a certain rating.
- A new theme has been added, the ‘Dessert’ theme.
- 8 bit raw support has been added, you can now view those images in the imageviewer. In digiKam version 0.9.0 there will be 16 bit raw support.
- copy & paste support has been added, you can copy between albums and from konqueror to digiKam.
- dcop functions have been added to open the camera dialog at a certain path or start the autodetect function similar to the command line option
- a command line option has been added to open the camera dialog at a certain path. This feature and the previous are preparations for full media kio support.
- showfoto can now open a directory with images in there
- automatically adjust orientation of printing depending on the image
- new icons!
- kipi plugins now work on search or date folders
Some of the bugs we squashed since 0.8.0:
- the configure option –enable-nfs-hack did not work, now it does work again.
- the configure option –enable-final did not work, now it does work again.
- showfoto’s open dialog now opens in the location you used the last time.
- a bunch of memory leaks are now fixed.
- printing did not really work. Now it does work again.