digikam and DigikamImagePlugins 0.9.0 Release Candidate 1 published!
The digiKam team is proud to announce the first release candidate of digiKam 0.9.0 and DigikamImagePlugins 0.9.0.
The 0.9 series has been under heavy development since November 2005 (more than 200 files in KDE bugzilla have been closed) and offers you the opportunity to test and enjoy a variety of new features, additions and improvements.
The source for digiKam and DigikamImagePlugins 0.9.0-rc1 is available at this url
All digiKam 0.9-rc1 features can be seen at this url
New features and bug fixes since beta3 are listed below:
- 103255 : Add (not edit) EXIF headers like date, comment etc.
- 91812 : Viewer/editor for IPTC meta data.
- 136138 : set as album thumbnail doesn’t change the icon immediately.
- 135851 : Wish to view IPTC in different order.
- 136162 : ISO Slider label is incorrectly labeled as “sensibility”, should be sensitivity.
- 133026 : Crashes on systems using hyperthreading.
- 136260 : Awkward management of metadata and digikam-tags and comments.
- 36769 : digiKam crashes when resetting Album icon (with no album selected).
- 136749 : Tags are not kept with images when album is moved in album hierarchy.
- 123623 : digiKam freezes or is very slow.
- 96993 : Ability to view next next image in folder in showfoto.
- 136643 : showfoto can open CRW, but not shown in file dialogue.
- 137063 : Keyboard shortcut for ‘paste’ action not working.
- 137461 : Typo croping must be cropping.
- 137282 : Comments are lost when copying or moving a picture to another album.
- 132805 : Crash when assinging keywords.
- 137204 : Crash when applying IPTC data.
- 135407 : Reproducible crash selecting photos from collection.
- 136086 : Crash when saving any type of files.
- 137612 : Showfoto doesn’t refresh the photo preview when deleting a picture.
- Internal dcraw implementation updated to version 8.41.