Wanted: new slogan, logo and website design
DigiKam has come a long way since the early beginnings in 2002. It has come of age and deserves new cloths or a new 'corporate design' in today's parlance.
To find a new slogan, a new logo, iconized slash screen and web design has been itching me and others for quite a while now. But those are sensitive and difficult subjects, in particular for us amateurs in that field.
A contest is herewith opened to create such new cloths, closing end of march 2008. We shall then make a pre-selection and vote on the best candidates. I will act as coordinator and point of contact. Please supply your proposals to gerhard at kulzer dot net.
- Photography and FOSS should be the general context.
- the webdesign should include a color scheme, fonts and header, possibly include the logo from another contributor.
- the slogan shall reflect the general context
- the logo must not necessarily include the penguin, and should convey the more advanced state of digiKam's development and aspiration of a professional tool.
- The KDE4 version could have an iconized splash screen derived from the logo (or vis-versa).