digiKam 0.9.4-beta2 release
Dear all digiKam fans and users!
The digiKam development team is happy to release 0.9.4-beta2. The digiKam tarball can be downloaded from SourceForge as well.
Note! This release works only with the latest libkdcraw and libkexiv2. You either have to compile them freshly from svn or wait a few days until the tarballs become available.
NEW FEATURES (since 0.9.3):
- Color theme scheme are pervasively applied in graphical interfaces, giving digiKam a real Pro-look when dark schemes are selected. Color theme scheme can be changed from either Editor or LightTable.
- Updated internal CImg library to last stable 1.2.7 (released on 2008/01/23).
- Add capability to display items count in all Album, Date, Tags, and Tags Filter folder views. The number of items contained in virtual or physical albums can be displayed next to its name. If a tree branch is collapsed, parent views sum-up the number of items from all undisplayed children views. Items count is performed in background by digiKam KIO-Slaves. A new option from Setup/Album dialog page can toggle on/off this feature.
- Add a new tool to perform Date search around whole albums collection: Time-Line.
Timeline is a new left sidebar tab. It’s a great tool complementary to the calendar. Try it out!
- In Calendar View, selecting Year album shows all images of the full year.
- New status-bar indicator to report album icon view filtering status.
- Raw files can be decoded in 16 bits color depth without to use Color Management. An auto-gamma and auto-white balance is processed using the same method than dcraw with 8 bits color depth RAW image decoding. This usefull to to have a speed-up RAW workflow with suitable images.
- Added support of color theme schemes.
- Added 2 options to setup images ordering with “File/Open Folder” action.
digiKam BUGFIXES FROM KDE BUGZILLA (alias B.K.O | http://bugs.kde.org):
001 ==> 146393 : No gamma adjustment when opening RAW file.
002 ==> 158377 : digiKam duplicates downloaded images while overwriting existing ones.
003 ==> 151122 : Opening Albums Has Become Very Slow.
004 ==> 145252 : Umask settings used for album directory, not for image files.
005 ==> 144253 : Failed to update old Database to new Database format.
006 ==> 159467 : Misleading error message with path change in digikamrc file.
007 ==> 157237 : Connect the data when using the left tabs.
008 ==> 157309 : digiKam mouse scroll direction on lighttable.
009 ==> 158398 : Olympus raw images shown with wrong orientation.
010 ==> 152257 : Crash on saving images after editing.
011 ==> 153730 : Too many file format options when saving raw image from editor in digiKam.
012 ==> 151157 : Right and left keys goes to first picture and last picture without shortcuts.
013 ==> 151451 : Application crashed using edit.
014 ==> 139657 : Blueish tint in low saturation images converted to CMYK.
015 ==> 147600 : Showfoto Open folder - files shown in reverse order.
016 ==> 149851 : Showfoto asks if you want to save changes when deleting photo, if changes have been made.
017 ==> 138378 : Showfoto opens file browser window to last the folder used upon startup.
018 ==> 148964 : Images are blur only inside showfoto.
019 ==> 146938 : Themes Don’t Apply To All Panels.
020 ==> 135378 : Single-click on picture open it in editor.
021 ==> 142469 : Splash screen to be the very first thing.
022 ==> 147619 : Crash when viewing video.
023 ==> 136583 : Album icon does not show preview-image after selecting given image as preview.
024 ==> 129357 : Thumbnails not rotated for (D200)-NEF.
025 ==> 132047 : Faster display of images and/or prefetch wished for.
026 ==> 150259 : media-gfx/digikam-0.9.2 error/typo in showfoto.desktop.
027 ==> 150674 : Turn of live update of preview when moving points in curves dialog or in histogram.
028 ==> 141703 : Show file creation date in tooltip.
029 ==> 128377 : Adjust levels: histograms don’t match, bad “auto level” function.
030 ==> 141755 : Sidebar: Hide unused tabs, Add tooltips.
031 ==> 146068 : Mixer does not work for green and blue selected as main channel and monochrome mode.
032 ==> 135931 : Reorganise Batch Processing tools from ‘Image’ and ‘Tools’ menus.
033 ==> 159664 : Background color of live/quick filter not updated on folder/date change.
034 ==> 096388 : Show number of images in the album.
035 ==> 155271 : Configure suggests wrong parameter for libjasper.
036 ==> 155105 : Broken png image present in albums folder causes digikam to crash when starting.
037 ==> 146760 : Providing a Timeline-View for quickly narrowing down the date of photos.
038 ==> 146635 : Ratio crop doesn’t remember orientation.
039 ==> 144337 : There should be no “empty folders”.
040 ==> 128293 : Aspect ratio crop does not respect aspect ratio.
041 ==> 157149 : digiKam crash at startup.
042 ==> 141037 : Search using Tag Name does not work.
043 ==> 158174 : Precise aspect ratio crop feature.
044 ==> 142055 : Which whitebalance is used.
045 ==> 158558 : Delete Function in Tag Filters panel needs to make sure that the tag is unselected when the tag is deleted.
046 ==> 120309 : Change screen backgroundcolor of image tools.
047 ==> 153775 : Download from camera: Renaming because of already existing file does not work.
048 ==> 154346 : Can’t rename in digiKam.
049 ==> 154625 : Image-files are not renamed before they are saved to disk.
050 ==> 154746 : Album selection window’s size is wrong.