Did you know that you can assign categories to albums in digiKam? To do this, right-click on an album, choose Properties from the context menu, and the desired category from the Category drop-down list.
Provided that you use KDE, you can push photos from digiKam directly to a mobile device that supports the MTP protocol (e.g., most Android devices) using the KioImportExport Kipi plugin.
Using the View -> Group Images -> By Format command, you can group photos in albums by format. This feature can come in useful for managing albums containing photos in different formats: JPEG, TIFF, RAW and video files, etc.
I ring in the new year with a digiKam Recipes update. This version features two new recipes: Remove Keywords from Photos and Add Web Interface to digiKam with digiKamWebUi. In addition to that, the updated and expanded Deal with Bugs in digiKam recipe now explains how to generate backtraces.
Sharing is caring, right? So if you use digiKam for processing photos, why not share your photo editing techniques and tips with other users and showcase your best photos? I invite you to participate in the new Processed in digiKam feature on the Scribbles and Snaps blog. Continue to read
Dear digiKam fans and users,
The digiKam Team is proud to announce the release of digiKam Software Collection 4.5.0. This release includes bugs fixes and switch as optional some dependencies as libkipi, libkface, libkgeomap dedicated respectively to support Kipi plugins, Face management, and Geo-location maps. By this way we will be able to port digiKam to KF5/Qt5 step by step.
Another month, another digiKam Recipes update. This version features the updated and expanded Edit Photos with the Levels and Curves Adjustment Tools recipe which now covers the powerful curves tool. As an experiment, the EPUB version of digiKam Recipes now comes with the embedded Open Sans font family. As usual, there are also minor tweaks and fixes.
As you may recall, I recently switched to GitBook.io as my primary publishing platform. Alas, my GitBook.io experiment didn't last long. Everything worked smoothly until I encountered a rather serious issue: for some reason, EPUB, MOBI, and PDF files generated by the service didn't include any images. I duly submitted a bug report and tried to contact the developers via Twitter, but I got no response.
This is not the end of the world, of course, but it's a good reason to find a better and more reliable alternative. I did some research, considered the available options, and decided to go the DIY way. Continue to read