digiKam Software Collection 3.0.0 and 3.1.0 for Windows Released
At long last I am pleased to announce the simultaneous release of digiKam 3.0.0 and 3.1.0 for Windows built against KDE 4.10.2. If you have a short attention span and want to download it immediately see the attached link.
There were numerous bugs I had to fix in digiKam and KDE before release, and fixing them took more time than expected. Extremely sorry for the delay! Rest assured, it was worth it thanks to a major enhancement on the Windows side of things: a new 'solid' interface thanks to the KDE windows team which will drastically speed up time before album display when switching between albums and when viewing digiKam after some minutes away.
Bugs fixed for Windows include:
1. Inability to use UUIDs for volumeids on Windows
2. Loss of collection during upgrade for certain collection paths
3. JPEG rotation from album viewer failed to work correctly and often crashed (for some types of collections you will need to press F5 to refresh the thumbnails, I will try to fix this for 3.2.0 or 3.3.0)
4. Temporary thumbnails are were not cleaned up correctly
5. File paths were not displayed in native Windows format (i.e. a backslash - if you see any paths that are not in the correct format please file a bug report or reply to this)
6. KDE did not handles mixed case files on Windows in most cases correctly (i.e. you could not save mixed case files properly and filename comparison did not always work properly - there may be some lingering places where it does not)
7. Misc. compile time fixes and code clean-up
1. After rotating an image using the rotate icons in the thumbnail view, the user may have to press F5 to see the change
2. Bugs listed on KDE BugzillaRegardless, without further ado I give you Digikam 3.0.0:
and digiKam 3.1.0:
Please let me know if you encounter any problems or file a bug report.
P.S. I hope to release 3.2.0 in the next week or two.